Monday 12 March 2012

Why I want to be a vet.

I am currently in year 10 at school (first year of GCSE's) and many of my friends still don't know what they want to do when they grow up.  I have on the other hand known what I have wanted to do for a while now.  Become a vet.  Why? Well, I love to learn, the more unusual the better.  Working in a 9 till 5 job doing the same thing day in day out would drive me mad!  I want to do a job that involves new things.  Not knowing what will walk through the doors could be a case of something really simple like a dog with a tick, or something more unusual.  I would like to know that I am helping in some way, either an animal suffering or giving advice to people on how to stop their pet from suffering. I also really want a job with animals as I find it amazing how they communicate with each other and trying to communicate with us and I would love to learn more and help out when they are suffering.

  Yes, I am a long way off uni yet but I know there is a long battle ahead if I am going to become a vet.  I recently went on a course at Nottingham University on becoming a vet or a doctor.  That course made me want to be a vet even more.  I have been doing the odd bit of work experience so far but now I will be doing a lot more and I shall blog anything that I find interesting or that I learn along the way.

No comments:

Post a Comment